Strategic Plan 2005-2008
NASW Connecticut Chapter
To advance, at the local and state level, the priorities of NASW, which are:
1. Practice Advancement – To advance the quality of social work practice, improve the knowledge base required for such practice, and to promote professional development related to improved practice.
2. Professional Standards – To promote the strength, unity and recognition of the social work profession and the acceptance and utilization of its standards.
3. Social Policy and Action – To promote and advance sound public policies and programs aimed at human need and improved quality of life.
4. Membership Organization – To improve the effective functioning of NASW as a national organization and to improve the way in which it serves its members.
The Connecticut Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers is a dynamic, influential and proactive organization. The Chapter is modern and efficient, and uses advanced technology to connect members and to educate the public. Our membership is diverse, informed and involved in Chapter activities. The community, the press and the legislature respect the Chapter’s positions on issues affecting human rights and value it as a resource for expert opinion on professional issues.
1. Membership – To increase and retain membership through meaningful connectivity to the Local and National NASW community.
2. Public Awareness – To develop a campaign that mirrors and supports National NASW initiatives.
3. Public Policy – Legislative advocacy efforts are reflective of the profession’s commitment to social justice and advancement of the Social Work profession and outcomes are evaluated regularly.
4. Structural and Technological Enhancements – To provide rotating leadership/members structured guidance and to increase membership participation and realize cost-savings through the expanded use of technology.
Our strategic plan challenges us to be timely and efficient in our communication and connection to our members via incorporation of new technologies. We strive to be a responsive association to the needs of our members and our various constituents. We look to invite and engage new members to our Chapter. We create opportunities for new leaders to emerge from within our membership and we support them in their respective roles. NASW advocates for policies and programs that are beneficial to our members and constituents. We are focused on articulating the competencies and skills of social workers by promoting the profession of social work and its diverse practice areas.
See Below for Detailed Strategic Plan
* CLICK HERE to view Detailed Strategic Plan
Note: After Oppening, Use the "Rotate Clockwise" button on your browser for easy viewing.
* This file requires Adobe Reader to view and print. Click on icon for FREE Adobe Reader download